Sunday, 12 August 2012

Delta State bears Fg’s Burden on Electricity Problems

Delta  State is taking a lot of  burden off the Federal Government on electricity matters.
Delta State News – Delta State Commissioner for Power and Energy, Mr Charles Emetulu, disclosed this on Thursday, during an assessment tour of the 132 KVA double circuit transmission lines, from Ughelli to Ozoro, the 7.5 MVA injection transformer sub-station at Ovwor Olomu, in Ughelli South and the 33KV relay panel transformer in Ughelli.
According  to the commissioner, traditional rulers, community leaders, landlords and the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) staff come  with their complaints about power, asking the Delta State government to do something for about it for them.
“It has become so bad that people now think the ministry is the PHCN, being that, it solves all power  problems,”Emetulu  stated, adding that, when the PHCN is properly deregulated, the state would really distribute and transmit as it deems fit, and power problem would be a thing of the past.
He  described  work on the sub-station as tidy , as it was duly completed by the state government, while the transmission lines taking 132 KV high tensions, 30 kilometres and 110 towers are meant to get to Ogwashi-uku.
The commissioner, who said that in a few  month’s time, additional 25 or more towers would be added

Gunmen, Security Operatives Clash In Yobe

The Yobe State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Patrick Egbuniwe, on Sunday confirmed that gunmen engaged security operatives in a shoot-out at the Bindigari area of Damaturu.

Egbuniwe told the News Agency of Nigeria in a telephone chat that the shoot-out ensued when security operatives went to the area on security patrol.

``Gunmen as usual, have engaged our security operatives in a shoot-out.
``The operation is still on in the area, so we cannot confirm casualties yet. Other parts of the town are, however, calm and security operatives are on top of the situation,’’ Egbuniwe stated.

Wednesday, 8 August 2012

Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed

The royal father of Ukpo in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, Igwe Robert Eze who was abducted by four gunmen suspected to be kidnappers yesterday regained his freedom after nine days in captivity.

Eze, who is the younger brother of billionaire oil magnate, Prince Arthur Eze regained freedom in the early hours of yesterday and had returned home to his palace in Ukpo.

Eze was abducted from his palace on Sunday, July 29, 2012 shortly after returning from church service at St Mary’s Anglican Church, Ukpo, very close to his palace. The gunmen, according to eyewitnesses operated in a green Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) and shot sporadically as they took him away.

Confirming his release, the state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Ralph Uzoigwe (DSP) said though the monarch had regained his freedom, the abductors must be brought to book as the command would fish them out wherever they might run to.

Daily Sun gathered that the monarch was released at about 12 midnight somewhere around Enugu State and arrived home at about 2a.m. At press time, the palace had become a mecca of sort as thousands of people trooped in to thank God for his release.

Among the early callers at the palace were traditional rulers, clergymen, his Ukpo subjects and the Chief of Staff to the Governor and Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Professor Chinyere Okunna, who it was gathered came on the directive of the governor to confirm the return of the monarch.

Though security at the palace was beefed up, the royal father was unable to come out in the public but was said to have earlier came out to the balcony of his house and waved to the people who were happy seeing him.

Daily Sun also gathered that arrangement had been concluded by his billionaire brother, Prince Arthur Eze to fly him to Germany for medical treatment. It was not clear whether any ransom was paid before his release, but the kidnappers were reported to have demanded N100 million before his release.

Reacting to his release, the member, representing Dunukofia in the state Assembly, Mr Olibe John thanked God for sparing the life of the monarch, but noted that it was a shame that the traditional institution was so desecrated. He said the House would give the issue of security for traditional rulers a nod, but added that it would be for general security in the state.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/abductors-set-free-arthur-ezes-monarch-brother/

Kano Hisbah Detains Non-Fasting Muslims

About 20 persons arrested by Kano State Hisbah Board for deliberately refusing to fast during the ongoing Ramadan period would be held in detention for three days until they learn how to fast, the Acting Commander General of the board, Barrister Labahani Usman, told reporters yesterday.
Personnel of the Hisbah Board have been conducting raids around Kano city aimed at arresting Muslims who intentionally refused to observe fasting since the month of Ramadan commenced almost 20days ago.
The offenders who included women had been arrested in various hot spots across the metropolis by the plain cloth personnel of the Hisbah command.

Power Generation Hit 4237MW On August 6th

Power generation hit a peak capacity of 4,237 megawatts on Monday, excluding spinning reserves. Minister of Power, Prof. Bart Nnaji, described the figure as the highest power output ever generated and supplied in Nigeria to date.

Nnaji, according to a statement issued by the Ministry of Power, announced the development to his ministry’s directors on Tuesday. He attributed the sharp increase to gas availability and praised the Nigeria Gas Company and the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, for delivering on the promise to supply gas to the thermal plants. “Gas is coming up gradually and when fully stabilised, we can easily hit 5,000MW,” he said.

Nnaji also said that although water levels had also improved at the dams, hydro power plant managers at Kainji, Jebba and Shiroro were operating a management system designed to ensure that there is water for power all year round. “We can have more (power) if we decide to use what is available at Shiroro, for example, but we do not want to do that,” he said.

The minister said he was also pleased that the transmission backbone had been able to wheel the power produced effortlessly.

When President Goodluck Jonathan assumed office in May, 2010, the quantum of power generated in Nigeria was about 2,800MW. The figure spiked by 1,000MW within one year, mostly through recoveries from existing plant capacities. By January 2012, the generation capacity peaked to about 4,100MW.

The minister had in April promised that there would be considerable improvement in power supply from the end of July 2012 because of the scheduled increase in natural gas supply from the Nigerian Gas Company, a subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, and in the volume of water at the lakes in the nation’s three hydro power stations at Kainji, Shiroro and Jebba.

LETS GET BACK TO BUSINESS:DELTANS NEED ANSWERS.


  • The questions below were asked about six months ago and till date no answers have been provided. We know that the advisers, SSAs, and SAs to the Uduaghan Adminstration have shown from the Ibori's birthday wish post, that they are still very much part of us. Mr Sunday Areh and Co can you please intimate Deltans on the completion timetable for the underlisted projects:
    1. ASABA - UGHELLI ROAD DUALISATION (over N19 billion spent to date, and additional N5 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget)
    2. KOKO - UGBENU ROAD DUALISATION (unknown amount spent to date, and additional N2 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget).
    3. EFFURUN - OSUBI - EKU ROAD (unknown amount spent to date, and additional N3.94 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget).
    ...
    4. TRANS WARRI -ODE ITSEKIRI ROAD AND BRIDGE (over N6 billion spent to date, and additional N5 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget)
    5. INDEPENDENT POWER PROJECT, OGHAREFE (a project started in 2009 and over N24 billion spent to date. An additional N4 billion has been earmarked in the 2012 Budget)
    6. WARRI INDUSTRIAL PARK (although a PPP, over N1 billion of State funds spent on master planning, EIA, consultancy etc, and additional N3 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget).)
    7. ICT PARK, ASABA.
    8. ASABA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (unverifiable huge amount spent to date, and additional N4 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget for the completion of the Airport. Deltans thought the Airport was already completed according to government propaganda towards the back end of 2011. We are aware that there flights to and from Asaba, there is also noticeable construction work still on-going. When will the airport be fully completed devoid of construction).
    9. SECOND RUNWAY AND EXPANSION OF OSUBI AIRPORT (over N1.3 billion spent to date, and additional N8 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget. Deltans are a bit confused here. How can a government be spending such huge funds on an Airport she doesn't own? Why get involved in two airport projects, while other critical instrastructure suffer? There are a lot of questions than answers)
    10. MASS TRANSPORTATION (over N3 billion spent to date, and additional N9.4 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget)
    11. KOKO PORT FREE TRADE ZONE (although a PPP, N2 billion earmarked in the 2012 Budget, to facilitate the quick take-off of the FTZ project).

    In the spirit of onenes, TRANSPARENCY, ACCOUNTABILITY AND GOOD GOVERNANCE, let the advisers give us straight forward answers. Thank you for your usual co-operation.

Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa

What does this signifies/
cloud in form of angel